January 11, 2009

Gettin' Crafty

Okay... so to quickly fulfill one of my new years resolutions (to be more crafty), I decided to work on a few sewing projects for a few moms that were expecting. My project: hooter hiders.

As the name suggests, it is basically a big piece of fabric, with an adjustable strap that helps hide the girls when breastfeeding in public places. Several mommies in my playgroup had these, and when Elizabeth was first born, I wanted one SUPER bad, only to discover they are like $50 a pop. See link: http://www.bebeaulait.com/

Anyway, I made two, and WAS working on a third... until my sewing machine decided to jam up on me--urg! Anyway, the cost for fabric for all three, plus 6 D rings, plus boning, came to under $20 for everything! So definitely a bargain. Here was the website I used to help me make my hooter hiders: http://www.breastfeeding123.com/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/

And here is Nicole (due Feb. 5th with baby #2) sportin' the hooter hider!

Since it will be a long time before I get this crafty again, thought I'd post my accomplishment (although as I told Nicole, seeing how I'm no expert, she isn't allowed to look at the stitching too closely--lol!) And we hope it gets lots of use, and can't wait to meet the little princess very soon!!!!