Okay, we all know about Newton's Law... and we've all experienced Murphy's Law a time or two... but Elizabeth has her own "Law" which consists of four parts and goes something like this:
1. No matter how well one covers his/her shoulder, arm, back, even lap with a burp cloth (or entire blanket for that matter), I will proceed to spit up on the four square inches of unprotected garment.
2. In the case that there isn't an unprotected garment on which to spit, I will turn my head at just the right instant to hit the couch, rug, bed, or other hard to clean surface!
3. After burping me for twenty minutes, non-stop, to no avail--I will spit up the moment you have given up and have taken the burp cloth away.
4. When I can't get Bella's attention, I will spit up a nice big puddle on the hardwood floors, and giggle as she comes running to "clean" it up
--- --- ---
All jokes aside... this child is a spitter!!! And now that she's eating more, the volume of her spit seems to have tripled in size. I swear, her mouth is like a volcano in which white lava either spews, oozes, or gushes forth. YES, there are some acid-reflux medicines on the market, but considering her spit up doesn't bother her at all, and considering this medicine only takes away the "burn" of acid reflux, and not the reflux, then we have little hope except to wait it out. And hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer, as solid foods are just around the corner. I can only imagine what that techni-color spit will do for our clothes then.
Ahhhh motherhood! Gotta love it!
4 days ago











