As you can see I spent this Christmas, my first, in Kansas.
The Christmas celebration actually began the Saturday before leaving for Kansas. You see... my mommy must have told Santa that we were going to be out of town on the actual Christmas, because when I woke up on Saturday I had a stocking of goodies and presents left by the tree. I also "opened" presents from my mommy and daddy. Daddy picked out the cutest "Baby's First" snow-globe and also a pretty pink music box. Mommy picked out a "Baby's First" ornament for the tree! Santa left me a new tummy time mat, some books, and a swimming suit (I guess he heard mommy and I will be in a water fitness class soon). It was SO exciting! And that was only the beginning!
I was really happy to see Nana, Grandpa Clay, Uncle Matt, Auntie-M, and this little creature named Abbey (she was sort of like Bella, but smaller and much louder). Later that night even MORE family showed up and they all wanted to see ME! I had never seen that many people before! There was my Great-Aunt Teri, Great-Uncle Bob, Uncle Thor, Aunt Katrina, second cousins Kacie, Tucker, Ty, Jackie... and of course Great-Grandma Peggy. The latter kept flashing this bright light (I think it's called a camera) in my face... nearly two inches
The next day was Christmas. My Nana asked my mommy to read from the Bible about Jesus' birth. I couldn't believe what I learned! I was amazed that God loved us all so much that he would send his son to die for our sins. Wow! After reflecting on this, everyone took turns opening more presents; Mommy said this is to celebrate how God gave the world the best present... Jesus! And boy did we celebrate! I could hardly believe all of those clothes, toys, and books were all for ME! I kept thinking my mommy must have another baby hiding somewhere because this was too much for one person.
Later that same day we went to Great Grandma Lois' & Great Grandpa Charles' house for a gourmet meal! Too bad for me that I couldn't eat any of it! My mommy, however, seemed to eat enough for both of
During my trip to Kansas, I also got to meet some of my mommy's old friends and their babies. I got to see Ms. Meyo and her two babies, Kaden & Kaylee, who are big kids in my eyes.And I had SOOOOOOO much fun talking to Chris' baby, Adrianna, who was practically the same age as me!! And Ohhhh so pretty!
I was also so happy that I got to meet my daddy's mom Charolyn and sis Amy. They were more than daddy's host family when he arrived here in America! Although we were only there shortly, I enjoyed meeting these two along with Amy's baby boy, named Twid, Twiddy,
I also enjoyed spending a short afternoon visiting with my third cousin (is that right?) Lisa and great-great-aunt (is that right?) Armeda.
On that Saturday I also took a short road trip to El Dorado to meet my Great Grandpa Dick and Great Grandma Bea. That was also lots of fun! Grandpa bought some yummy fried chicken, and Bea didn't want to put me down, not even during lunch! I enjoyed meeting them, and my family enjoyed catching up!
Sunday was fun too... Nana showed me off at church to everyone she knew and even then some!
Oh... I almost forgot! In Kansas I got to see snow for the first time! And not just a few flakes... but inches and inches of
Mommy and daddy seemed to have a great time, too! One day they actually left me for the first time ever so they could go to dinner and a movie (well, actually it was Taco-Tico and a matinee). And they enjoyed lounging around, playing Nintendo, and eating the yummy homemade dishes... especially great grandma Lois' potato soup, great grandma Peggy's fudge, aunt Lisa's scalloped pineapple, and Nana's beirock casserole.
As I mentioned at the start of this post, mommy caught a nasty cold towards the end of the vacation and still doesn't feel very well. She says she might feel better if I would not wake her up 20 times in the night... but I just can't help crying when I wake up without my paci. Mommy says that paci is a blessing and a curse (whatever that means).
Well, I better go for now. I think my mommy needs me!
If I forgot to tell you earlier... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love,
Elizabeth











