With three days until my due date, my body is beginning to give me signs that this little one is on his/her way out, mainly with an increase in Braxton-Hicks contractions. They come about every 15 minutes or so, and they've been coming very regularly for a few days now, but (to my dismay) don't ever get any more intense or closer together. I think I'm definitely warming up for the main event, which should be soon, I hope!
Even though I'm still uncomfortable, somehow these past few days haven't been all that bad. I've been sleeping on the downstairs sofa for the past week, which doesn't help me to get any more sleep, but does making getting up every hour to use the restroom much more manageable. Likewise, I took two days off of work this week, and plan on taking another two next week (plus the labor day holiday). That, also, has made life a bit more comfortable for me. On the downside, I've developed some sort of a minor rash on my belly (I guess from all of the stretching) and it itches like crazy. I read online about a condition called PUPPS, but not sure if this is what it is. I'm often overly eager to self-diagnose. The doctors have even told me to stay off of the internet-LOL!
At any rate, I can hardly believe that sometime within the next two weeks we will have a little baby in our arms and lives. When I found out I was pregnant nine months ago, I was in complete shock. But now, I can't fathom life without our little one, and he/she isn't even here yet. What an amazing gift from God! A true miracle in the making!
Hopefully you will be hearing from us, and our little miracle, very VERY soon!
Still pregnant,
~Jennifer~
4 days ago











