Alright...I'm starting to get really frustrated and uncomfortable and very ready for this baby to be out! Today was another weekly checkup. Even though I am two days away from being 38 weeks, the doctors want to wait until next week (when I'm officially 38 weeks) to do a check for dilation/effacement. I told them I didn't think I could wait that long... I needed some kind of hope that the baby was on its way out. Of course, their response is always that even if I was dilated it could be weeks before I go into labor, and vice versa, I could be completely closed and go into labor that night. I understand all of that... BUT STILL!!! I want to be checked, and I want someone to give me some news that something is happening. This waiting is frustrating and I feel like I just can't make it! But I guess I will just have to. Until then I'm trying all of the old wives' methods for natural induction of labor... and waiting for that full moon (Aug. 28th). Poor daddy doesn't know how to make me any more comfortable, although he tries his best at massages and getting me things. Likewise, he has been applying what he knows (i.e. Austin Powers), to coax the little one out by frequently telling him or her (with a Scottish accent of course) to: "Get outta that belly!" Who knows if any of these methods will work. But I'm hoping and praying it will be soon! If you are reading this... PLEASE do the same!
~Jennifer~
4 days ago











