At today's appointment, the doctor finally did a check for dilation/effacement. According to the doctor, the baby's head is low and it is sort of blocking my cervix. He couldn't get a great feel without hurting me even more, but he thought I was probably about 1 cm dilated. He said the baby is in perfect position to come out. When I asked him about the baby's size, his first response was "Yeah, it feels big. Probably an 8 pounder." And he then added, "lets hope it decides to come out soon." Uhhh... should I be worried?
According to doc, most women deliver from this point to the next two weeks... so I guess it could really be any time. I sure wish they could invent some way to pin-point the exact day and hour; but so far, technology has not been able to predict God's timing.
OH... just so everyone knows, we plan on calling our parents once we go into labor and are getting ready to go to the hospital (my mom has sworn to kill me if she doesn't find out first), and once they know, we will send out a mass email to let you all know of our status. We plan to bring our laptop, cameras, and all the connection cables to the hospital (hopefully we learned a lesson on that one from several colleagues who forgot the cables)... and once we are able to, we will post pictures for all the world to see our sweet miracle.
As for those of you asking if you can come visit in the hospital... we are totally up for that, but will let you know if that feeling changes. You can always give us a buzz on our cell or call into our hospital room. If you need to know what hospital, please send us an email, and we will let you know privately.
I think that's all for now. Hopefully, VERY soon you will be hearing word from us!
Keep us in your prayers!
~Jennifer~
4 days ago











