July 11, 2007

Classes & Checkups

Well, baby and I are officially seeing the doctor every two weeks now. Yesterday was our latest check-up and everything looked perfect. I had expected to have shown some sort of a growth spurt, but not so. At 32 weeks, I'm measuring in at the ideal 32 cms. Much relieved!

Yesterday was also exciting as we started our first "Preparation for Birth" class at the hospital. There were nine other couples who all seemed really nice... four of whom I got to interact with a bit more. Like me, they are all recent transplants to the area from out-of-state and all of them are pretty young and expecting their first child.

Vassil was pretty happy because everyone kept saying he looked like Roger Federer.. who if you don't know is a MEGA HOTTIE! (oh yeah, and is currently ranked No. 1 in the world of tennis) Anyway, I'm pretty sure all that attention went to Vassil's head! I mean, he even challenged our instructor to a tennis match! :) But I guess I don't mind... I'd rather Vassil have a big head, than the baby! LOL!

The instructor of the class was excellent. As a former 1st grade teacher, she definitely understands how to keep our attention and her activities were very visual and hands-on! I felt like I did learn some new things; however, what I liked most about the class was that it seemed to reassure me (rather than scare me) about our upcoming adventure. She was also pretty hilarious, and for an older-ish woman, I was always caught off guard when she would throw in a sexual innuendo and/or dirty joke here and there.

Not much else going on as we speak. I will return to work next week, and so this week I've pretty much been vegging out. I've gotta admit that the daily routine of cleaning up the house, running errands, and making dinner is getting a bit old for me already! And I'm guessing that's probably all I'll do once baby is here... and maybe not even have time for "all" of those tasks. I'm definitely going to have to come up with something to keep me mentally stimulated. I'm weighing some different options, but mainly waiting to see how I feel after the baby comes.

Well...until then,
~Jennifer~