July 28, 2007

40 Days & Counting!

Wow! Less than 40 days until the due date!! That doesn't seem like too long from now, which is a bit overwhelming. In fact there are still moments when it hits me that I'm pregnant, and it still doesn't seem real. I don't think it will be until the baby is placed in my arms that I can truly take all of this in. So when I see that I have only about a month to go, at times I feel complete panic! At the same time, however, I've been progressively getting more and more uncomfortable, and so the under-40 countdown also feels like a relief. So far, that's how pregnancy has been for me... a mixture of contradictions.

Speaking of feeling uncomfortable... I've had some pain associated with a newly discovered swollen fibroid (I won't go into the details). Let's just leave it at... OUCH! And I've recently been wondering if I have PSD as I often feel excruciating pain in my lower pelvis when I walk or lift my leg for any reason (such as putting on pants). And simply rolling from one side in bed to the other, and getting out of bed, is like some sort of torture (like a horrible ripping pain). BUT, to keep on the bright side, after walking around for a bit, everything usually feels a bit better. But I'm definitely going to ask my doctor about this at my next appointment.

Aside from the mental and physical challenges, Vassil and I seem to be all set for when baby does come. All of the necessities are in place... from the crib down to the diapers. Yesterday we used most of the gift cards we'd received to buy a hospital-grade breast pump (I'd heard horror stories about the manual kind). So that area is all set, too. I'd still like to find one cute "coming home" outfit (one for a boy and one for a girl)... but I guess that isn't really a necessity.

Ciao for now,
~Jennifer~