September 16, 2011

Elizabeth's ACTUAL Birthday

I've been a little behind on blogging lately, so I didn't have a chance to post a pic of Elizabeth's actual birthday. On her "actual" birthday, we wanted to do something special, but low key since we'd be celebrating with a party on the following Sat. So, we decided to bake a little cake together. 
You know, I do believe this girl has had THREE birthday parties and THREE cakes this year--what with celebrating with Baba and Dedo, then a special cake on her actual birthday, followed by her party. 
 Spoiled rotten, I tell ya.
 On her actual birthday, she also got to open her presents. It's funny because for the past 6 months or so, all she can talk about it this My Little Pony castle we saw one day in the clearance aisle at Walmart. It was on sale for $20 and I thought at the time how it would be the perfect birthday gift, but I didn't get over there without her quick enough and it was gone. 
But she hadn't forgotten. She REALLY wanted that Pony Castle... or as she called it, "The Pinky Star Castle." Anyway, when Nana was here, she told her all about it, and Nana promised she was get it for her birthday.Well, true to her promises, Elizabeth got her Pinky Star Castle and she was THRILLED! She opened it up via Skype w/Nana, Papa, and Maddie watching. I think it was safe to say from the audible gasp and the jaw drop that she was VERY happy w/her present!

Again, spoiled I tell ya!

Along w/her coveted Pony Castle she got a few other things from us and birthday money from WAY too many grandmas and grandpas! She was also spoiled with a mountain of birthday cards from her party and those that would come in the mail throughout the week. She LOVED reading her cards and setting them out on our dining room buffet.  She really did have a great birthday this year! 
...   ...   ...
Elizabeth, I love you so much and cannot believe you are FOUR! I cannot wait to see what this year holds my sweet, beautiful, smart, amazing little girl!
XOXO