September 21, 2011

And on a happier note...

I thought I'd leave you with a few exciting things mom and I have been working on for the rehearsal dinner. As part of the dinner, we have decided to organize a little "Smore's Bar." Our theme... "S'more Love" of course! We are going to use the same colors from the wedding--browns and yellows and other fall accents, along w/birds and rosettes, which will also be part of the wedding.
Here's the invite I designed for the rehearsal. Cute, no? We are working on some cute rosettes and bird accents along w/twiggy grapevine wreaths. If I do say so myself... it's going to be FABULOUS! And I can't wait to get there and start decorating with Mom and Sis!
You know, when you are related to the groom, there's not a whole lot to do for the wedding, although Elizabeth has been MORE than gracious to invite us to things and include us in ways that I know I never did with my in laws (such going with her to the dress fitting, and asking for our input on various ideas). Ideas, I wish I would have thought of when we were getting married. Still, when it's your brother getting married, there's not much to be apart of as far as planning goes. And so, I think for my mom, sister, and I, helping to plan the rehearsal dinner has been a lot of fun and has helped us to feel like we are apart of the big day. I think too, it's been VERY cathartic for us. I'm not the only one to admit to feeling a little teary-eyed about seeing Matt get married. So for us girls, this is going to be a labor of love.

Anyway, we hope it turns out great! A night that is fun, relaxing, and memorable. We hope to make it special for such a special couple!!!

So, what do you think???
Of course, I'll be posting pics as soon as I can! Until then...