April 12, 2011

Pizza Night

So I don't fix pizza much at my house. Mainly because making it homemade is usually FAR more expensive that ordering something from Dominoes or Pizza Hut. And those places usually taste better, too. BUT, the other day my friend Angie mentioned doing a "Pizza Night" at her house, and I thought it sounded like fun! Another friend, Vanessa, posted a recipe for Margherita Pita Pizzas on Facebook one day, saying it was easy and both her kids loved it... so we decided to give it a try!
 We'd just gotten home from ballet class, so daddy helped Elizabeth take off her tutu/leotard so it wouldn't get messy. I guess we were too hungry to finish dressing her--lol. Liam had a chef's hat of his own (thanks gr-grandma Lois), along with an apron, but he didn't want to wear either one. He did, however, love helping baste (or "paint" as we called it) the pita bread w/the sauce. Elizabeth also enjoyed making her pizza.
When it was finally ready... it was a huge HIT! I was a little leary about the balsamic vinegar sauce for the kids' pizzas, so we just used canned pizza sauce. And I think I may have liked theirs a little better. My honey mustard salad dressing (which spilled onto my pizza) was also delish, and gave me the idea of trying a honey mustard grilled chicken combo next time! Doesn't that sound good?!
Anyway, it was FUN! And even though I'm sure we spent 3x what we would have if we'd just ordered in, I think we'll definitely be doing this again! Yay for Pizza Nights! :)