April 16, 2011

Children's Museum

 I love getting out with the kids with the sole intention of playing and having fun with them--and this local children's museum is the perfect place to do just that. So the other day, we decided to go check it out...
Here are some pics from our day...
 This particular children's museum is super cute. There was a grocery store, kitchen, garden, and cafe area that the kids enjoyed.
 They also spent some time building things with their "tools."
 Silly boy--it was hard to keep his hat on.
 There was a dress up station and puppet theater that Elizabeth played with for a bit.
 Meanwhile, Liam was back to the grocery story/cafe area--watering the plants :)
 Sissy joined him for some more baking.
 And we wrapped up the day with a bit of gardening.
I love this museum because it's small, which means I don't have to run around crazy.  I can sit in one spot and pretty much see what they are up to and not worry about them getting lost. Because it's in downtown, we stopped for lunch after we were done playing. We had planned to come back (since our tickets were good for the day), but alas, Liam spilled his chocolate milk all over his shirt, and because I'd packed "light" we didn't have a change of clothes, and he was VERY upset (lately, he hates getting dirty--especially his hands). So that was that. 

Still, a really fun morning. I think we'll have to come back again soon!