September 07, 2009

Scouting Colleges

Okay, so now that Elizabeth is 'officially' two... we decided to get a head start and scout out a few 'potential' universities for our little smartie pants. Okay, I'm totally kidding. Since my brother is in town, we decided to check out UNC and Duke. This was actually fairly ironic, since my brother is a HUGE Jayhawk fan! Here we are at Duke. When Elizabeth saw the cathedral, she said (and I quote): "Dats a castle mommy! Dats where I dance. I going to dance dare at da castle when I get married." Yes, you heard right! She's only two, and already has visions of her wedding day! It cracked me up! So that she would be quiet in the Cathedral, (er, 'Castle'), we told her the King and Queen were sleeping.
Once inside, it was pretty dark... I could tell Elizabeth was both a tad scared, but mostly VERY curious! The car ride home from Duke was pretty hilarious. Elizabeth asked Uncle Matt about a thousand times: "Uncle Mat... Whatch you doin'?" Said with a Boston accent (again, very ironic because my brother is a HUGE Red Sox fan). After the millionth time asking this question, she then added: "Uncle Matt... Whatch you doin'? I told you not to do it!" She also sang the 50 States song all the way home.... and when it came to "Ohio" added with great emphasis... "Ooooooooohiiiiiii (pause) OOOOOOOO!"
Here are some pics at UNC.
Uncle Matt helped watch Elizabeth and chased after her throughout campus! I think he will admit it is no easy job catching up with a two year old! Or getting her to go where you want her to go at the pace you need her to go in.

Here's Matt outside the art museum.

And outside the arena. I wish he would have worn his "Kansas: The Birthplace of Carolina Basketball" tee... then again, that might not have been the best idea. He did wear it on his flight to NC, though!

We stopped to check out the fountain!


And here we are walking on Franklin Street. Notice the big Jayhawk on Vassil's tee!!! :D Anyway, I had fun touring both places and I think my bro did, too... even if they are rival teams! Liam was also just the CUTEST on both of our tours he kept smiling at his big sister who was tickling his toes and talking to him all the while in the double stroller.
On a totally random (and totally lame) note, I have to admit that at both campus I was SHOCKED at how much fashion has changed with the college scene. Being a stay at home mom (and mainly hanging out with the mommy-crowd) has left me in a fashion vacuum. All the girls were wearing high waisted skirts and dresses... and lots of 80's throw backs. Where have I been? I felt like I'd entered a time machine... it may be time I hit the mall soon.