September 03, 2009

A few 'firsts'

In one day, my two children reached two different milestones. Elizabeth went to her very first day of preschool, and Liam rolled over... not once, not twice, but multiple times! Both milestones had me in tears! My babies are growing up faster than my liking! :(

Anyway, I captured BOTH achievements on video camera (yes, I was the ONE mother who video taped Elizabeth walking to preschool--lol!). But seeing how I recorded both achievements on a new DVD, I will have to wait until we finish recording on the disc before I am able to upload. Here are some pics, though!

1st Day of Preschool

Before we left for Elizabeth's first day of preschool, I made sure I put this temporary tattoo on her hand her teachers gave her from open house, and made a big fuss about how it was from her teachers and how nice they were and how much fun it was going to be. Of course, Elizabeth wasn't the one who needed the pep talk... she was ready to go... complete with Elmo backpack (half her size-lol)! I think the pep talk was more for me... it was an emotional day!
We made it to preschool... getting this pic was hard, as she kept watching and waving to everyone who was going in!

This is where I started video taping... up the stairs and into her room. Once she was in her class she started jumping up and down in excitement! The teachers both laughed and said, "looks like someone's excited!" What an understatement. I SHOULD have taped her reaction when I went to pick her up... "No, mommy! Go away!" which broke my heart even further (although I guess I should be glad she had fun)! As we were walking to the car I asked her if she had fun, and she replied, "Yes! Happily ever after!" I think that means she did-lol!


1st Time Rolling Over
As mentioned, later that same day, Liam started rolling over! This milestone is really better witnessed via video, but since all I have are pics for now, here's Liam on his tummy...

And here he is just a few seconds later...
Vassil and I were both SHOCKED at how early he was able to do this, especially considering he doesn't get as much tummy time as sissy did (mainly because of big sis! lol!) I was so excited when he did it the first time, I ran for my video camera and Elizabeth and I cheered him on. And later showed daddy his latest accomplishment! What a strong little guy! He's growing up SO fast! And is getting so big!

Two kids, one day, two milestones... I wonder what's in store tomorrow?! We'll see...