August 17, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Tree

Okay, so probably like all parents... Vassil and I are ever amazed at just how smart Elizabeth is. And perhaps like most fathers, Vassil likes to attribute her abilities to HIS DNA. He loves to tease that she has the Elitzin forehead... and thus the Elitzin brains. Likewise, when she does something super smart... he loves to say, "That's my girl."

But after looking over my baby album a few days ago, I was shocked at just how smart I was as a baby... doing things Elizabeth can do, and even more!

Check out my baby stats:

+Talked at 8 months (Hot, Dada, and No)
+Walked at 8.5 months
+Could say "Thank You" at 11 months along with more words
+At 20 months, could recite my ABCs and count to 20 (with the exception of J and V)
+And could write almost all of my ABCs and name at 3.5

Was I a baby genius, or what? It's clear that Elizabeth gets not only a lot of brains from the Elitzins, but also from her baby-einstein of a mommy.

Of course, after reading these stats to Vassil over the phone, his reaction was "what happened?!" ;) Oh Vassil!