June 26, 2008

Baby Boot Camp

Today was my first day with the "Baby Boot Camp" classes. From the title you might think it's a workout for baby, but in actuality its just the opposite. At this "boot-camp" the babies are the drill sergeants, riding in their strollers while us mamas do all the work.

The workout was really tough, especially when it was nearly 90 degrees at 9 in the morning, and lots of steep hills to climb. And I'm really hoping I can stick with it! I would love to get into better shape and maybe even lose a few pounds. Also, I've had really low energy ever since having Elizabeth (which I had originally attributed to the fact that she didn't sleep through the night), but now that she does, I've decided I probably need a bit more exercise to get my energy going.

At any rate, Elizabeth (of course) was quite the ham. The other babies fell asleep in their strollers... but little Miss Socialite was jibber-jabbering the whole time, and even laughing in hysterics when mommy was trying her best to hold a "plank" position! The teacher (who incidentally is 8 months pregnant, and doing all the exercises with us!) even had me get Elizabeth out of her stroller to demonstrate how to use the baby as resistance for different "core" strength training exercises. Elizabeth was in heaven! And I was in awe of the fit mommy to-be! It was also really nice to meet more mommies and babies in our neighborhood!

So here's to boot camp! Let's hope I survive!