April 27, 2008

All Things Miscellaneous!





Okay, so I DID manage to find where we had packed the camera, but wouldn't you know it, the thing is out of batteries. And of course, the charger is still MIA. As a result, I will post a few older pix for those of you needing your Lizzy-fix. I love the first picture where she is playing with her carseat... it is so typical Elizabeth... in to everything, especially if it isn't a toy!

Anyway, not much "exciting" is going on around here. Elizabeth caught her first EVER cold, boogers and all! Poor girl! Her disposition hasn't changed a bit, though; she is as happy and energetic as ever... getting into anything and everything she possibly can, leaving a trail of "snobber" (a mixture of snot and slobber) in her path.

One of Elizabeth's favorite things to do is to find a box filled either with toys, DVDs, papers, etc. and to one by one take out each item, look at it, chew on it a bit, put it down, stand up, reach in the box, and then find something else, and repeat. She could do this for HOURS! And I'm sure every DVD we own has bite marks on the cover. But oh well, it keeps her entertained!

Her babbling has also been changing in the past few weeks from mostly dadada's and nanana's and bababa's to really strange sounds that almost seem to be a version of Mandarin or Thai, and nothing like English - Hai-ya, for example, is one of her favorite sounds -- very kungfu. Around our house you will also hear (use a breathy voice) Uhduh, Hey, Yedo, Aide, Ya, Thu, Ago, Eta, Ego, etc. To daddy she often will say Dada, but not sure yet if it is for real or just an accident. She also will often raise her hand to wave and then say hi... but, again, not sure if this is real or a coincidence. And to Bella we often hear "Aduh," which could be an early version of dog, and "yedo" could maybe be "hello"... or both words could just be our imagination... most likely the latter. Daddy also swears she has said "Koala" and "Arigato," words I'm sure she learned in utero when mommy was teaching her 7th graders about Australia and Japan ;) OH, and she has also started saying mamamama when she is upset or hungry, which of course melts my heart!!

As for me, I'm trying my best to unpack, but seeing how we had SO many built-ins at our old house, and this place has none... we have a LOT of stuff that doesn't have a place to be unpacked to. For example... we had a built in desk/book shelves at our old house, but not at our new one. This means I can't really do much unpacking of all the books/papers/printer/computer etc. until we find furniture. So as I type our computer continues to rest on a box. This goes for many other items thus making our house a cluttered mess!! Hopefully we can get furniture soon. We've been looking on the weekends, but we haven't fallen in love with anything yet. And by the way, where are all the great furniture values I've been hearing about in this area?!? Someone PLEASE fill me in!

Along with unpacking, I also decided to start painting the dining room. Yeah, I know, what was I thinking?!? I've found a nice clay/red rust color for below the chair rail, and was hoping to find a yellow that wasn't too yellow for above. That, however, has proven impossible for this perfectionist!!! I've tried 4 different colors and even tried to mix my own. The color is either too yellow, or too dark mustardy. If anyone has a recommendation on a great shade of yellow, please let me know. Better yet, if you want to come decorate my house... the place is all yours!!!

Aside from that, not much going on, and to be honest, I'm going a bit stir crazy from being couped up all day. We've met a lot of our neighbors, but haven't had a chance to get to know anyone better. I am excited though because the family next door has a three year old boy and they are expecting a little girl in June! It will be SO wonderful to have a little girl for Elizabeth to play with, and right next door!

Anyway, I better go for now. It just started to rain, and I think I'll take Elizabeth to the back porch to enjoy it for a bit!

LOVE & MISS YOU ALL!!!