January 30, 2012

Donuts with Dad

The kids have been SO excited that "Donuts with Dad" was coming up at their preschool! I mean... they were EXCITED! Even more excited than getting to visit dad at work, I think! 
And I was excited to find this "donut" shirt... and on sale no less! It reads, "Donuts are the new cupcakes." But of course!
Anyway, Liam was sick the past few days, and as a result, he had to miss it :( Since Elizabeth wasn't showing any symptoms, I decided it would probably be okay for her to go--and praying she doesn't get it later on or pass anything on to her preschool buddies.
Anyway, Elizabeth must have REALLY enjoyed having daddy there, because when I went to pick her up she told me ALL about it! 
Both kids made "placemats" for their daddy with a donut and their handprint. Around Elizabeth's placemat the teachers asked Elizabeth to describe her daddy, and this is what she told them:
"My favorite thing to do with my daddy is to: have a daughter-daddy date. I think he is special because: He likes me a lot. He's as handsome as a: Cricket and as strong as a: Bug. He is: 11 ft. tall and he has: Black hair. My dad's favorite food is: Every Kind (aint that the truth!). When my Dad was a little boy he liked to: Play. Now that he is older, he likes to: clean and wash dishes (oh really?!) My father is the most wonderful Dad in the world!"
I had to laugh! Since he loves washing dishes so much, I'll be sure to let him take care of that from now on! 
Anyway, we plan to let Daddy and Liam have a special donut day as soon as he's feeling better... and hopefully that will be soon! 
Btw... the best pics are always blurry. Always.

Anyway... can't wait to see what's in store for "Muffins with Mom" in May--lol! 

Until then...