January 11, 2012

January Catch Up

Sorry I haven't had a chance to blog lately. I realize we are half way through January, without a single post. We've been busy--back to our old routines of preschool, ballet, church, Awana, etc. And because the weather has been just beautiful, we've had lots of fun playdates and trips to the park. It's been a great "winter"! 

Anyway, just to recap, here are a few random pics from the past few weeks!
The kids continue to love playing with all of their new toys from Christmas. Its amazing how some new things can really get us out of a rut. 
Liam loves playing "Knight" while Sissy wears her Princess clothes. Daddy and Sissy have LOVED putting together their lego sets. Liam tries to help, too! Of course, he loves all his cars and trucks, and the "road" from Santa is still  a huge hit. Another big hit has been the board games Uncle Matt and Aunt Liz sent--Trouble and Guess Who. Vassil, Elizabeth, and I have LOVED playing Guess Who. It's finally a game where even the grown ups can use their brains. Another favorite was the Charlie Brown recordable book that my grandparents made for the kids---it is THE most adorable thing. And I'll be honest, I've read it a few times when the kids aren't even around, just because I love hearing my grandparent's voices. It's too cute!

Suffice it to say, we've loved all our new toys!
Not long after Christmas, we also got to celebrate our buddy, Caroline's, 4th birthday at a super fun jumpy house place. The kids had SO much fun! I got tickled because my two kept going down the slide together--even holding hands. Sissy would even help push Liam up when he was getting stuck. Melted my heart!
 And of course, it was fun for Elizabeth to play with lots of her preschool buddies! Such fun! And always a great time getting to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends! 
 Let's see, this is kinda random, but we've noticed lately that Elizabeth is a pro at chopsticks. We have no idea where she acquired this skill (I still can't do it!) but she's a pro! We couldn't help but laugh! 
  Too Funny!
 Oh, another random pic... I wanted to get the kids these "Critter Hats" for Christmas that seem to be very popular right now. But I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 per child. So I waited. I was glad I did when I saw them on sale for $3 a piece one day--Elizabeth got the cute Owl set, and I got a Panda set for Liam. But he refuses to wear it. Glad I only spent $3. And of course, with the spring-like weather, we really haven't needed to wear it but once... but it was hard to pass up! Too cute!
 Here's a pic of my sweet little Puggle. I decided I'd try taking Liam with me to Awana. He clung to my leg the first night... but toward the end of the evening (especially when we moved to the gym for some free play) he was VERY excited and proud of himself. "Look, I'm a Puggle!" he'd tell me while pointing to his shirt. Growing up fast I tell ya!
 Elizabeth is still in Cubbies, and doing great! She's also still in ballet. She's REALLY enjoying it this year. She's really cliqued with this high energy, outgoing, and ornery little girl who is new to her class this year. I think this group of girls is really having a lot of fun each night, and I think that really helps. Last year around this time she was ready to quit ballet, but she hasn't brought that up once this year, and just really has the best time!
 Preschool is also in full swing. The kids LOVE  it and it was an easy transition back after Christmas break. One of my favorite parts of my day is coming to pick them up... I'm usually a little early, so I get to hear what sorts of things they are doing in their class, and sometimes hear their teachers say things to them. 
 And of course, as soon as the doors open, it's "Mooooomy!" I love that! Pick up is the best! One day Liam was on the potty when I arrived, and when he heard me he bolted from the potty with his pants still half way down, screaming, "Mooooomy!" Lol! 
 I wish I had pictures/video of those pick ups. Its moments like those I cherish and I know one day I'll look back and really miss and long for those days. 
 I also love our car ride home from preschool when I get to hear about their day, and what sort of things they did and learned about, and of course I usually also get lots of stories about what others kids did and who got put on "red". Sometimes it goes something like, "Everett pushed me mama. Then I pushed him back." Uh-Oh. Although, I get lots of sweet stories too. One day Liam was looking into my eyes and said, "Mama your eyes are blue, like Annalise" (a girl in his class). It tickled me that he noticed, and obviously has been looking into this girls' eyes! So sweet. One day at pick up he yelled, "I love you Ms. Dawn!" He really does--he loves all his teachers. As does Elizabeth, who usually runs ahead of me when I'm going to drop her off. 
 Let's see... so it's January, but it feels more like April. All my bulbs are coming up--crazy! And the weather has been crazy warm (60s-70s) all December, and January we had a few dips of cold weather, but then we keep rebounding into the 60s again. 
 Today it was rainy, but not terribly cold. And no lightning/storms. So we donned our rain boots/coats, grabbed our umbrellas, and spent some time jumping in puddles and dancing in the rain. 
 Too much fun!
Anyway, that's really all from our front. 
Hope all is well with you and yours!

Until next time...