June 13, 2010

YMCA

Okay... reason #346 why I love and miss Kansas... the YMCA!

Did you know the 2nd largest YMCA in the nation is in good ol' Wichita KS? It was the largest in the nation until they built a slightly larger one in Andover, KS. Seriously, I'm insanely jealous of the Wichita YMCAs. This is the NW branch (not the largest)... one of about 10 in Wichita!!! All are different, but equal in size. The Ys in Wichita are like a water park--huge outdoor pool, lazy river, wave pool, kiddie spray ground, multiple water slides, etc. And that's just the water part... their facilities are amazing! Yet another reason I'm SO jealous of home--the Y where we live is a dirty, brick building from the 1950s with one dirty indoor pool and a basketball court! Sigh.
Anyway, since we were planning on being here for the month, and since my family goes to the Y often, we decided to buy a 1 month pass. Here are some pics and videos of our awesome Y!
Anyway, as you can see, we are LOVING the Wichita YMCA!