Earlier this week, we decided to meet the cousins, Emma and Grayson, for some playtime at Riverside Park. The park is near downtown, and has a playground area, mini-zoo, lots of picnic/open areas, along with this newly renovated water feature.
Elizabeth and Liam weren't huge fans of the fountain--neither of them like water splashing in their eyes (hence the meltdowns they each throw come bathtime and I have to wash their hair--ugh!). But I think they still had a lot of fun! Aunt Maddie helped take each one in. And grandpa Clay and Nana gave "rides" in the stroller around the fountain... which I think ended up being the biggest hit of all. 

Here's Elizabeth w/cousin Grayson
Emma LOVED the big spout! I think when the kiddos get a little older, and less concerned about water getting in their eyes, they'll enjoy the sprayers more.
Here's my little guy checking out the water!

All that splashing left the kiddos hungry---time for snacks! I think Liam gobbled down at least six Ritz crackers alone!
Before playing in the fountains, we let the kiddos play at the park.
The playground area looks completely different these days--all the old equipment (merry-go-round, cement turtle, traditional swings from back in the day) replaced with modern, and probably much safer, equipment.
What I love, however, is that the city chose to keep the old rocket slide. Okay, so they've removed the slide and closed it off so that children can no longer play in it (safety reasons)... but they've kept it there for memory sake. I'm SO glad they did. It brings back so many wonderful childhood memories... and apparently, I'm not alone! SO neat seeing it there, juxtaposed against all the new equipment.
Anyway... couldn't leave w/out at least one group shot!
A few days before our trip to Riverside Park, we also "tried" to get Elizabeth to run through the sprinklers at Nana's house. She didn't really like the feeling of getting splashed... so she begged Maddie to carry her through--lol. Here are some pics:
Anyway, here's some video of the sprayground! Lots of fun!
Please Note:
If you do not see a video above (or videos in my previous posts are not showing up for you) then try opening the internet in a different browser. For some reason, some browsers are showing the videos and others are not. I have no idea why. Until I figure it out, please just try a different browser.
For us, the latest version of Internet Explorer and Firefox work fine w/our videos. Apologies!











