April 19, 2010

Whales and snails and puppy dog tails...

I love Liam's first words. They are so boy! Along with "mama," "dada," "eh!" (hey) and "up," he's also been very focused on the words "ball", "go" (goal), and now "car!" Sooooo boy, am I right?! ;)

Ball continues to be his number one favorite thing to play with, and he says it all day long! Often, he continues to also say "Go! Go!" for goal, and will occassionally even stretch the word out like they say on TV, "Gooooooo!" It's so cute! I somehow have a feeling that one day I'll be telling him he was a soccer player before he could even walk!

As for "car," I had heard him say the word very clearly a few times before his "ball" obsession (probably over a month ago), but it went to the back burner after discovering the joy of soccer, and I hadn't heard it since. The past few days, though, the word "car" has returned big time. It came back while at the park one afternoon. He was standing on my lap looking over at the parking lot and laughing. I kept looking over to see what on earth he thought was so funny--there wasn't anything or anyone over there--just cars. Then he started saying it, clear as day, and just laughing! For the past few days he's continued saying it to his toy cars, to cars we see driving outside, and sometimes just to practice. This morning he was practicing saying it... first a whisper "car, car" then louder, "Car, Car!" So cute! The funniest part, too, is that lots of times he says "Ahhh-car! Ahhh-car!" I guess because whenever we see a car, we say to him, "Look! A car! A car!" I guess he sometimes thinks the word is all one! Cute!



Anyway, I have absolutely no idea why I'm having a hard time capturing all of this on camera because he says ball and car all the time. Anyway, here are a few videos of what I did manage capture! At one point I thought he was saying "goooal!" but after I watched it I think he was just saying ball. I guess I'll still have to work on capturing "gooooo!" on camera---it is pretty stinkin' cute!


OH, and sorry some of these videos are long! We discovered a few months back that the video on our regular camera uploads WAY faster than our actual video camera does, so I am now able to post longer clips. If you are wondering, that is also why Elizabeth has so few (longer) clips from when she was a baby on the blog... it used to take me FOREVER (and I mean forever!) to upload w/the video camera! Not to mention our old computer, it used to take forever just to load a few pics!

P.S. If anyone has any ideas about "boo-cuu" (which he says a few times in the last video) please let me know! He's been saying it a lot, and I have no idea what he means! Lol!