March 05, 2010

Random Stuff

Well, we've been battling colds and sickness over the past month... just when we thought the first bout was finished, we caught virtually the same thing a week later. On top of the colds, we all came down with a 24 hour stomach bug. And on top of colds and a stomach virus, Liam even came down with his first ever ear infection! Ugh!
I shouldn't complain, though... after all, it's nothing serious. I can't begin to tell you how much I was reminded of that this week! As far as the ear infection goes, I really should be quite thankful about that as well! Elizabeth hasn't ever had an ear infection (that we know of) and, as I mentioned, at 8.5 months, this was Liam's first. Most people I know seem to battle ear infections constantly. So I guess I can't complain. Still, it has made for kinda a rough month. I'm pretty sure we are all ready for the weather to warm up and the cold season to be over with!!

Anyway, now that I'm feeling better, I thought I'd post a few random pics and videos. Hopefully that will keep the grandmas happy for awhile longer! :) Sorry if we are all looking a bit under the weather in these...

In between our two bouts of colds, we did manage to meet up for a very fun playdate during the week we were well! The girls got to decorate little storage baskets with foam letters to spell their names, and then also got to decorate cupcakes! The first two are of the girls... they are ALL girls!!!
The third and fourth picks are of Liam... the only little guy in the bunch!
Look at my girl hamming it up! LOL! I love that smile!
Such focus!
Notice the crazy hair. I'm not sure which looks more crazy... the natural spikes, which are NEARLY impossible to comb down, OR the comb-over look... which doesn't last long (once it's dry, it's back to standing straight on end!) I'm not sure, but I love both dos!!!
Okay, before anyone get's excited about these next two pics... I was totally cheating! Little man is no where near pulling up or cruising! I was TOTALLY holding him up for the shot!
We practice every day on our tummy and on our legs. It's so funny, though, because he really has very little interest to stand on his legs. When I try to get him to stand, I lift him up by his arms and try to get his feet to go on the floor... but little bugger, he lifts his legs up in the sitting position mid-air almost every time... practically refusing to put them straight so we can practice! And when we do practice, his legs are still just noodles! No where near standing, yet! And he's perfectly okay with that... he doesn't want anything to do with that standing business! Nor crawling for that matter! He's perfectly content to sit, or roll on occasion, or call for mama with his "Up! Up! Ups!" Oh well. My sweet little guy is just going at his own pace, right?!

The best part of my month--nay, my YEAR--was getting THIS in the mail... for FREE!!! Yep! It's a Dyson!  A dear friend of mine works in the marketing dept. in Chicago (I'm totally jealous because her job sounds like so much fun, plus... you should see her view of the Chicago skyline!) Anyway, she asked me a few months ago if I wanted to take part in a research study... and I'm like, "heck yeah!" Granted, I still don't know if I get to keep the vacuum. I guess I might have to return it after the study is over (although, we are thinking we probably get to keep it... after all, what would Dyson do with a used vacuum?!). So we are very, VERY excited! Even if we do have to return it, this thing is SO awesome that I'm glad I get to use it for the time being! 
 
The funniest part is I kinda was thinking maybe they'd forgotten about the study because I hadn't heard back in quite a long time. And wouldn't you know, our cheap-o, 2-year Dirt Devil died on us about a month ago. Vassil and I didn't want to buy a new vacuum if the Dyson was coming. Finally, though, after about a month of waiting, I had given up and decided I just couldn't take my carpets ANY longer. With a dog who sheds--BAD and two kids, it was really quite gross. So, I gave in. I went and bought the cheapest Bissel from walmart... came home, assembled it, cleaned the downstairs rug, put it away... and then wouldn't you know, not five minutes later, I get a knock at the door... it's UPS with the Dyson. I laughed SO hard! I just KNEW that was going to happen! I guess I need to learn some patience! Aye!

So far my favorite part is the hardwood attachment... usually NOTHING works on our hardwoods! Even Elizabeth is loving the vacuum! It is WAY quiter than our older vac, which means both kids are no longer petrified and screaming in hysterics when I go to clean! YAY!!! AND, even better... Elizabeth wants to HELP vacuum!!! Yes, I'm liking the sound of this!!!! I think chores are on the horizon at our house--lol!

Thank you SO MUCH for spoiling us Mimi! I love and miss you girl!

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours!