March 05, 2009

March Mosh-pit?

On Thursday we loaded up Elizabeth for a playdate with her buddy Caleb and new baby-friend, Andresito. We met at a coffee shop that hosts a weekly jam-session for toddlers. The place was packed--kids EVERYWHERE! The live music was mostly old classics (like, The Itsy Bitsy Spider), but set to some of Coldplay's tunes. Hilarious!


Elizabeth thoroughly enjoyed the mosh pit of toddlers! In fact, as soon as we got there she begged to get "down." During the performance, Elizabeth was (of course) the one toddler to "discover" all the cords/buttons to the amp/guitar... proceeding to plug, unplug, and adjust every knob she could touch before mommy intervened. Caleb had fun, too, running from one mommy to another across the mosh pit of toddlers (I don't blame him!)


Later we had fun at the park... where Elizabeth decided to scold Caleb for climbing inside her stroller... with finger pointed, she said in her firm voice "No, no Caleb!" It was funny, but her bossy behavior is something I really need to nip in the bud, since I'm guessing it won't be as cute when she get's older. Anyway, we had lots of fun, and I even got my first hug from Caleb... Elizabeth, unfortunately, gave him the cold shoulder!