November 24, 2008

SIGN THIS PETITION!

If you read my post following the presidential election a few weeks ago, then you might have gotten the idea that I am a staunch, leftist democrat. This, however, couldn't be farther from the truth.

As a registered "Independent" I find myself in the middle on many issues. Unfortunately, there isn't a viable "middle" party. Ideally, my party would be one that is against war in almost all cases, and likewise against abortion in almost all cases; one that keeps big businesses at home, but one that doesn't forget about the working class; one that is for protecting our environment, but also for protecting the Christian values that this nation was (although many would like to debate this fact) founded upon.

While I came to the conclusion that Obama was the best candidate on many issues important to me, at the same time I definitely did not and do not agree with ALL of his ideas and beliefs. The one issue that gave me pause, especially after looking at his record, was the abortion issue. I was especially disheartened after seeing his vote to allow the practice of infanticide, which to be honest, I didn't know (and was shocked to learn) existed.

What makes me angry is when people are SO far left (or right for that matter) to see that not EVERYTHING their party does is PERFECT, not EVERYTHING their party does is RIGHT! And it is sad when people become so incredibly one-sided, or straight-ticketed (is that a word-hehe) to see that often times what is best or right lies either in the middle of the two sides... or for heaven's sake, even on the other side!

So, while I DO agree with Obama on many issues, and perhaps you do too, I hope you'll take a moment to sign this petition and help to fight the Freedom of Choice Act. Send a message that this act is one that a majority of Americans (even Obama supporters) are against! Please don't be SO one-sided that you are blind to something that is just plain wrong!

PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE:
http://www.fightfoca.com/