The pumpkin patch was a real farm of sorts, and was really quite beautiful... the rolling pastures and fields! Although my guess is they generate most of their revenue from agri-tourism (i.e. the pumpkin patch) instead of crops. I mean, can you believe, two adult tickets, $25 ?!?! But I suppose the experience was worth it in the end.
Part of our entrance fee included a fun "Hay Ride." And what a weird coincidence when seated across from us were some of our neighbors. Small world! Here Farmer Ivan and Old-Mac-Vassil are posing by the tractor with their lil' pumpkins.
We also got to pick corn, cotton, and our own pumpkin right off the vine. Here's Elizabeth picking cotton... and then, hugging her cotton.
And seeing how we live in "bacca" country, we also got to see a tobacco drying barn. Even though I've never smoked ANYTHING in my entire life.... the smell of the drying tobacco in the barn was actually quite nice. It was also really pretty in a strange sort of way. Although I didn't get a picture.
Elizabeth enjoyed the petting zoo best, complete with pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, roosters, and cows. Through the fence, she fed the goats the outter husk of corn, along with little pieces of corn.
Being the good mother that I am, I was so busy taking pictures to notice (until later) that after feeding the goats... she did THIS...
YUM! Goat germs! :-{ I suppose she'll survive!
The farm also had a corn maze and a hay bale maze, along with mountains of hay to climb, and a simulation cow that you could milk.
When we got home, we put our pumpkins on the front porch. And as you can see, our Lil' Pumpkin was the cutest of them all!











