September 14, 2008

No Fear!

Elizabeth never ceases to crack me up! As I may have mentioned, she is both extremely social and extremely active! And because the nursery at our church is full of little kids... and fun things to play with and climb on, she absolutely LOVES going to the nursery on Sundays... and barely even notices when we leave.

Today, was no exception. As soon as we put her down, she ran up to another little girl, said "Awe!" and reached out to touch her. She then proceeded to climb up a set of stairs, through a tunnel, and down a slide all on her own. As the other children cried or clinged to their mothers side, my daughter was already playing with the kitchen set, before I could even say goodbye. And when I did, she just ran towards a pile of books.

After worship and during class, I was a bit worried that she'd be getting fussy, so I decided I'd go check on her. Outside the nursery area there are flat-screens that show you what the kiddos are doing, so you can see them without them seeing you (ingenious!). Looking at the screen, I could see that she was fine and still running, and climbing, and playing. I asked one of the nursery workers how Elizabeth was doing, fully expecting her reply to be something like, "she's doing fine"... or maybe even, "she's good, but getting a little fussy." But no.

With eyes opened wide the lady in the nursery replied, in amazement, "She has no fear!"

I couldn't help but laugh!

That's my Elizabeth. My headstrong, active, "fearless" little girl!