October 08, 2007

First Time in Church


Last Sunday was Elizabeth's first time in church. Mommy wasn't ready to put her in the nursery, so she got to enjoy the entire service with her parents, and only had to be escorted out once. Aunt Tsesta also came with... I worried the service (Baptist) would be a bit of a shock to her (as she is used to Orthodox and doesn't speak much English), but to the contrary she seemed to really enjoy it.

To mark the special occasion, Elizabeth wore a sterling silver cross, which was a present from Great Aunt Tsesta & Second Cousins Vesko & Gheri. I plan to save the cross and give it to her one day when she chooses to get Baptized... telling her it was the cross she wore on the first day she attended church. I have faith that one day she will experience the salvation that comes from accepting Jesus as Lord and asking him to forgive her of her sins and to come into her heart and life. And I hope that her daddy and I can do our best to establish a foundation for which it will be easy for her to come to such a place in her spiritual life. But I know that to do so Vassil and I really need to walk closer with the Lord on a daily basis and also to find a church home. We're working on it.

At any rate, that's all for now.

~Jennifer~