Elizabeth has somehow managed to make it two whole weeks (although I'm not quite sure about her two parents). She is slowly beginning to sleep for longer stretches at night (praise the lord!), but is still getting up about every 4 hours. During the day, she likes to sleep for long periods, but we try to rouse her after a few hours or so, in hopes that she will learn her days from her nights. I'm thinking (or perhaps hoping) that won't be long from now.
Today, was her two-week check up and this is what we learned:
+Weight: 9.8 lbs; 90% percentile (which means she's packed on 2 oz. a day since her last visit and she's past her birth weight - yea!)
+Height: 22 inches; 95% percentile
+Head: 14 3/4; 74% percentile
Her umbilical cord, which was hanging on by a thread, was removed by the doctor today. Daddy was so sentimental, he even asked to keep the little remnant.
Things are going pretty well. Exhaustion is wearing me out, and Vassil also. I also had a two week appointment today. The doctor who performed the C-Section said it was the hardest he had ever performed in terms of struggling to pull her out... she was THAT lodged in. In fact, he even mentioned several times that his arm was sore for 4 days afterward. I guess a C-Section really was meant to be.
It has been nice having Vassil off for the past two weeks... I don't know what I would have done without help!
At any rate, that's all the news for now.
Proud Mama,
~Jennifer~
5 days ago











