April 12, 2012

March Madness

March was also a busy month because we were engrossed in all that is March Madness. Now, I'll admit, I'm not a big sports fan. I don't know much about most sports. And I'm not a huge fan of watching games throughout the year. But all that changes, come March. 
Seriously, there is no other tournament quite like it! And this year was particularly exciting because KU just KEPT hanging on. They just KEPT in the game... even when they were down the ENTIRE game, they'd somehow find a way to pull it out in the last seconds. 
What was also excited was they played so many NC teams to get to the Championship. First NC State... then UNC. Oh, I was happy, happy when they beat them both! In fact, in our neighborhood, our Jayhawk flag flies high... next to us, an NC State flag, next to them a UNC, and next to them Ohio State. IN THAT ORDER! How exciting to be able to make the rounds and beat all of those teams. 
Even though we didn't take home another championship, it was exciting! And playing against a team like Kentucky, there was honestly no shame in losing. Best of all, Self definitely deserved Coach of the Year. What a YEAR!
Anyway, when Mom and Sis were here, the NC State game was on the night they were set to leave. To give us good luck, we all donned our Jayhawk shirts... then did a little pre-victory lap around our neighborhood loop.
 
The kids made sure the ENTIRE neighborhood knew which team we were rooting for--lol! As you can see in the video below... (p.s. it looks late... like we are waking the neighborhood, but this was right after dinner one night, maybe 6:30?)



Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
So proud of my Kansas team!
Always #1 in my heart!