March 11, 2011

Trip to the...

doctor.
I know, I know. These pics look more like a trip to the aquarium. But trust me, they're not.
Liam was sick last week w/pink eye and an ear infection, so we loaded up and headed over to our pediatrician.
We recently switched practices. Did I blog about our old place? There were lots of reasons I loved our old place, but also lots of things I didn't love. The straw the broke the camels back was when the nurse almost game Liam a double dose of his MMR shot. Thankfully, before she injected him I begged her to please go double check because I was certain he'd just had this shot. Thankfully she listened and he didn't get the double dose. But it was enough for me to decide it was time to go some place new.
The new place is right across the street from the old place. They have a really cool stairwell/elevator area--full of sea creatures that the children love. Liam is fearful of elevators, so we usually take the steps. Anyway, since I happened to have my camera with me, I decided to take some pictures.
So far we are liking the new place pretty well. Although, it does feel a tad weird to be going some place new after so many years at the other practice. Anyway, the doctor gave Liam an antibiotic for his pink eye and ear infection. And soon has his antibiotic was out, he immediately caught another cold, which he's been miserable with all this past week. On top of being sick, he's getting his canines so he's been quite the little bear this week. To top if off, I've been watching a girl from our neighborhood after school all this week--and let's just say she isn't the most behaved child. So this has been a tough week for me. 
I also realized yesterday I was getting a sore throat and then woke up this morning feeling miserable. I knew I was going to catch whatever Liam had after lots of moments where I suddenly realized I was kissing his little tears. But that's okay. I'm just super thankful that I will be sick on the weekend (vs. the week), and also super thankful that this was the only cold our family caught all winter! I really can't complain. 
TGIF!