March 13, 2011

Open Barn

Okay, so there is a charming little farm and B&B near our church. It's also a popular spot for weddings, and they also have high-end breakfasts/dinners. They raise goats, primarily. And produce their own goat-milk and cheese, which is very popular at local farmers markets. The place is hard to describe, really. Part rustic charm, part artsy/hippie vibe, part country. With that said, we've actually never been to check it out. Normally, to take a tour of the farm, you have to make reservations, and there is a fee. But today, they were having an "Open Barn" and it was free and open to the public. So we decided to go check it out w/our buddies the Blatchfords. 
 Side Note: I recently discovered Picnik.com so when I got home, I decided to play around w/the color on these pictures using this program. I wish I knew about photography. I have absolutely no clue when it comes to that. I'm pretty sure "real" photographers are disgusted by programs like Picnik, and probably think these pics look totally hokey. But since I don't know much, and don't have a fancy camera, and don't have the money for fancy photography sessions, I like that w/this program you can spice up your pics very easily, and for free.
Anyway, here are some pics from the day...
Above: Posing in the hay for mommy in the barn.
I adore BOTH versions of this picture.
Above: Checking out the baby goats. The kids got to feed them, and pet them, and Liam even kissed a few!

Video evidence of such.
Above: Elizabeth left no cranny unexplored.
Nor did Liam. He was our "guide" on our tour of the farm. He would head of in a direction all his own, and the group would follow.
Tree Swing
Pure Joy

Buddy Delanie got to swing too!
 While sissy waited her turn to ride the tree swing... Liam walked up and down the ramp to this little barn over and over again.
Above: Mommy and her country boy.
Can you find the beauty in the haystack?
There she is!
Both kiddos LOVED the baby goats. Liam was ahhh-ing in the sweetest little voice the second he saw them.
Elizabeth got to pet this one up close w/some of the staff.
Our "tour guide" then decided it was time to climb up to the front porch.
He then decided it was time for lunch. So we ate.
 After lunch, we decided to take one more loop through to see the goats before it was time to leave. Here's Liam with Delanie.
 LOVE this one!
Baby Dylan crashed out toward the end. I think he and Liam will be good buddies one day--they are both good sleepers and very laid back!
And with that, it was time to head home. All in all, a fun afternoon. I think we will definitely be back at their next "Open Barn!" Lots of fun!