Sorry these are a little late. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year and I just haven't had a chance to get caught up on posting pics since resolving my storage-space problem. Anyway, here's a slightly belated recap.
Thanksgiving festivities began at church. Where they should, after all; God has blessed us beyond measure and we are so thankful for all that he has given. To celebrate--our church had a big Thanksgiving dinner one night--complete with smoked Turkey (SO yummy)! and all sorts of yummy potluck dishes. At church, the kiddos made these turkey crafts to go along with their lesson. Elizabeth's feathers read: "I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for the flowers on my shoes. I am thankful for my brother. I am thankful for my princess nightlight. I am thankful for mommy and daddy." Love that!
To continue our Thanksgiving celebrations, Ms. Candace (Elizabeth's Puggle's teacher through our Awana program at church) decided to have a "Feast" for the children on that particular night of Puggles. For the lesson, the children read a book about the first Thanksgiving, along with a different book about counting our blessings. We went around and had the children and tell what they were thankful for and had our prayer. We had craft time--consisting of coloring a Turkey, and making Pilgrim and Indian hats. And we sang songs.
After that, it was time for the feast! And let me tell you... the Puggles LOVE to feast! So this was right up their ally. In fact, most "lessons" involve a snack for the night that somehow connects to what they are learning! Above is Elizabeth with buddy, Owen.
On the "actual" Thanksgiving, we were invited to the Tabet's lovely home for yet another delicious feast! We decided to bring Elizabeth's pilgrim hat, and made Liam a little Indian headdress-lol! They had a blast--and especially loved playing with Eli's remote control cars/helicopters. Daddy enjoyed watching soccer highlights--and we all enjoyed visited with the whole family. The kids gave everyone in the family lots of hugs at the end of the night!
We sure wish we could have family nearby on special days like these. But despite the distance, life is good. We are all healthy and happy. Vassil has a job. I'm able to stay home with my wonderful children. We have a roof over our heads. We have clothes on our backs. We have food in our bellies. We have more than we could ever need or ask for. I am thankful for all these things and more. I pray your thanksgiving was just as blessed as ours was!











