February 07, 2010

Bowling Night

 
We  went bowling with our Sunday School small group on Saturday night and it was a lot of fun! It was the first night we got to get out of the house withOUT children since having children (excluding the 1 date night we got 2 Christmases ago in Kansas.... sigh).
It is sad, really, how little "us" time we get now that we have kids. If we lived in Kansas it would be a totally different story w/family around to help! And while we DO have friends who we would trust to watch our kiddos, they all have children of their own, so we always feel asking would just be burdening another family unless we could work out some sort of swap. 
Thankfully, though, we have just recently agreed to a babysitting "swap" with some neighbor-friends who also have two children... so we think it will work out perfectly and are really looking forward to it so that we can once again have a little bit of "us" time!!!
As I mentioned, bowling was a lot of fun and was a nice way to get to know everyone in our small group a little bit better! It also reminded me why I love my goof-ball husband so much! He was quite the character all night! Someone asked me, "Is he always like this?" My answer was yes, but I guess with two kids and no "us" time, I'd kinda forgotten! So, leave it to say, bowling was a LOT of fun!
Jeremey and Jimmy helped teach Vassil how to throw the ball so it spins down the lane... they seemed to enjoy watching their protege! And actually, he ended up getting pretty good at the spin-move... even getting quite a few strikes (none of which I got on camera). He was hoping for a "turkey" but not this time!
Anyway, bowling was a blast and we can't wait for our next outting with our small group!