May 21, 2009

Thursday Afternoon at the Beach

Okay... so this is how ALL Thursday afternoons should be spent... an afternoon at the lake/beach near our home with my family!!!
After a long, long week (which isn't even technically over)... I decided Elizabeth and I needed a relaxing day at the lake near our house... it's literally 10 minutes away, but we rarely go. I had planned on the morning, but the weather was a little overcast. By afternoon, though, it was beautiful... Because Vassil has been going in to work REALLY early all week for a project he's working on, he also gets to come home REALLY early as a result! That meant, he got to tag along, too! What a blessing the overcast morning was... since that meant we put off our plans, and Vassil could join us!!! He said multiple times how it was the best idea I'd had in years... and how it was such a nice way to relax in the middle of the week, and forget about a long day's work! :) It isn't often that I get compliments like this from Vassil! ;)Elizabeth loved every second of it! The last time we went to the beach (the real beach that is), she didn't want to leave the beach blanket... she really didn't like the feel of sand, and was a bit afraid of the waves. This time, she didn't want to leave! She was giggling at the waves and water, and loved (nay ADORED) playing with the sand!Above: My two little beach bums! Catching a bit of sun after a dip in the water (don't worry we weren't in the sun too long... and had SPF 65!)
Above: Mommy & Elizabeth headed for the water... as you can see, Elizabeth is always several feet ahead of me these days! Not only is she super fast, but the pregnant waddle is out in full force!Above: Daddy & Elizabeth finishing their swim
Above: Mommy & Elizabeth wading in the water... as you can see, my maternity bathing suit is almost too small these days! I like to think it shrunk!
Above: Elizabeth loved building sand castles near the water's edge!
All in all, it was a beautiful afternoon, on a beautiful beach, with my beautiful family... God has truly blessed us! I SERIOUSLY cannot complain about my life! Especially with such a nice Thursday afternoon as this!