Well, the countdown to baby #2's arrival is definitely on! I can't believe I have less than 40 days to go (and maybe even less). At times, the realization of that sends my stomach into a panicked free-fall. But most of the time, I'm just really ready to have our sweet child in my arms, and to meet him/her, and begin a whole new journey with our family.
I don't have any belly shots to post, mainly because I'm not happy with ANY pictures of myself these days. I feel like I'm carrying this baby the same as with Elizabeth... all out in front. In fact, if you look at me from behind, I'm not sure you could really even tell I'm pregnant... of course, then I turn to the side and you see that enormous basketball tummy, and there isn't any doubt! Still, despite carrying this child the same, I just don't feel as good as I felt with Elizabeth... I don't have that radiant/glowing feeling that I had last time around. Hence, no new pictures to share (although, hopefully I can get something to post soon).
Anyway, this third trimester is proving pretty similar to my third trimester with Elizabeth: miserable! Let's see...
1) My sciatica has been getting worse and worse which was also painful throughout my 3rd trimester with Elizabeth (although it does clear up for a week or so after seeing the Chiro);
2) My tender/sore fibroid pain is back; it showed up toward the end of my 3rd trimester with Elizabeth as well... apparently the hormones make the fibroids grow (last time to the size of tennis balls), and after the baby is born, they shrink back up again. Because of the tenderness, it makes it hard for me to carry Elizabeth; AND...
3) A few weeks ago that ripping pelvic pain started up again. If you remember from my last pregnancy, I had this excrutiating pain rolling from one side to the other side in bed (as though my pelvis was about to rip right off my body) along with pain getting out of bed, putting on clothing, getting in/out of my car/etc. All of this returned with a vengence a few weeks ago! I am SO blessed this time, around, though, as my new OB actually DIAGNOSED that horrible, ripping pain as Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction or SPD and wrote me a prescription for pain relief (my previous OB just said it was normal, nothing they could do--ugh!). I haven't filled the prescription, because I don't want to take drugs if I don't absolutely have to. So even though the doc only gave me a prescription and a diagnosis... it turns out that the latter was the best gift of all!!!! A quick search on the internet, and I quickly learned that chiropractic care can greatly help the pain. So I went in for another specialized adjustment/treatment... and now I'm good as new--hardly ANY to NO pain!!! Hard to believe I suffered through with that excrutiating pain my entire 3rd trimester with Elizabeth, when a simple trip to the Chiro could have helped! What I also found interesting is that women with SPD often have malpositioned babies, and a higher incedence of c-sections (sound familiar?). Apparently when the pelvic bones are out of alignment, the baby can get turned into a funny position, too... making it hard or impossible to come out the good old fashioned way. Leaves me wondering if that was at least part of the cause for Elizabeth ending up Transverse/OP. And leaves me with a little bit of hope that with the chiropractic care things can go better this time around.
Now if I can just avoid getting PUPPS again, I will be a very happy camper!!!
Of course, I say all this, but really I'm ALWAYS more than willing to take on all the pains and problems if that means the baby will be healthy! Likewise, I'm very grateful that this third trimester has proven similar, but slightly less painful than last time around, due to my recent discovery and new-found love of the chiropractor! Truly, what an answer to prayer she has been to me these past few weeks! Let's hope it isn't too much longer! And that all continues to be well for baby and me!
4 days ago











