July 21, 2008

Walking and Talking!

Over the past day or two, Elizabeth's walking has picked up speed! She walks everywhere now... around corners, from one room to the next, on hardwoods, on carpet, with shoes, without. Crawling is very quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Along with walking all the time, Elizabeth also spends much of the day pointing at things around her, as is evidenced in this photo. She points at everything, saying "This! This! This!" or "Dat! Dat! Dat!" And she will continue to do so, becoming increasingly more demanding, until I explain what "this and dat" is... or until I give "this and dat" to her. Sometimes when she points, her little pinky finger points too. Although, lately it has just been the pointer.

Her jibber-jabber has really evolved as well. After church last week the lady in charge of the nursery said she was impressed with her verbal skills... that she was talking the entire time in what sounded like a foreign language, and that she was sure that once she did learn to talk there'd be no stopping her. And boy is she right! Elizabeth jibber-jabbers all day long, and with all of her inflections and intonations it really does sound like a foreign language. She also loves to repeat all day long "tickle-tickle-tickle-tickle-tickle." It is melt-your-heart adorable!

Anyway... although I've fixed our camera for now, I still haven't been able to get the handycam to upload to our computer. So video will have to wait :( I guess you will just have to take me at my word when I say it is simply adorable!!!