February 21, 2008

Teething Bites!

For the past three days Elizabeth just hasn't been herself! She's had a temperature of 100 degrees, wants to be held constantly, and a few days back refused to eat, nurse, and take a bottle. Likewise, when she cries, it is an all-out wail, like the ones I'd only witnessed when she got her vaccines :( And when she is really upset, she's started babbling... "NaNaNaNaNa!" Which I think is babytalk for, "I need my Nana!"

Seeing how Vassil had been sick over the weekend with a little cold, I decided to take her to the doctor to be checked out. The doc didn't find anything wrong (ears, throat, and chest all clear). On the contrary, when probing about her little mouth, the doctor did notice that her first tooth was coming through. Her analysis was that she probably has a little bit of a viral something or another, along with the pains of teething.

Since taking her to the doctor a few days ago, she seems to be feeling better. Her appetite has returned and her fever is gone. However, her fussiness and demands to be held all day (and night) has continued, along with those pathetic cries of desperation. I'm hoping this is due to still not feeling well, and not a new-found habit of (as Great Grandma Lois said) getting spoiled rotten!

Anyway, like this post reads... teething really does bite!