February 03, 2008

Spit-up Champ!

Okay, so I checked but couldn't find a World Record for the largest quantity of spit... YES, there's the worlds furthest spit (75 feet), and all kinds of competitions for spitting different objects (like watermelon seeds, cherry pits, and even tobacco)... but no record that I could find on shear quantity. In that case, I think Elizabeth and I just might need to contact Guinness Records itself, because this child is undoubtedly the champ!

I'm not exaggerating when I say we go through at least two outfits a day (that includes grown ups), and close to five bibs. On a typical day you are bound to experience five large puddles, and smaller spews just about constantly! Bella, like a true Pavlovian dog, comes running, not to the sound of a bell, but to the sound of a wet burp and/or an "oops" from Mommy or Daddy.

Again, the doctor has assured us that nothing is wrong... many babies have excessive spit up without any acid problems (apparently they are called "happy spitters") and who are otherwise completely healthy. I've also been informed that most spit up problems peak at 4 months, but for those who are excessive spitters, will take till around their first birthday to start slowing down.

Anyway, here is a picture of Elizabeth in her cute "Spring Outfit" from great aunt Molly. It lasted a good five minutes before Elizabeth decided to initiate it, spit-up style!