June 16, 2007

BabyMoon


BabyMoon - Part I
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Everyone,

We hope you are all enjoying a nice summer (and hopefully a vacation) wherever you might be. We keep watching on the news the incredible floods that are hitting parts of Kansas and Missouri, and we hope you are all safe and dry!

Vassil and I are enjoying our relaxing vacation or "BabyMoon" here on Hilton Head. Just to recap... we left early on Monday and on our way here we stopped in Charelston for a few hours. The beautiful old quarters, with the historic "Charleston" architecture is quite stunning...as is the natural beauty (plam trees and huge, old trees drenched in Spanish Moss). We enjoyed just walking around this part of town, including along the harbor, and savoring a nice lunch and view of the city. We made it to Hilton Head around 7 pm on Monday night, and enjoyed a wonderful Tuesday here on the island. Although thunderstorms had been predicted, the weather turned out to be just beautiful (overcast in the morning, but blue/sunny skies in the afternoon). Today, however, it is rainy and a bit chilly. We hope the weather forecast (rain all week) will turn out to be inaccurate, as we'd love another day or two on the beach. If not, we are having a nice time relaxing (we hear we won't get much of that once the baby is here)... and we are looking forward to visiting Savannah soon.

More to come...
~Jennifer~


BabyMoon Part II
Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today was absolutely fabulous! The weather was gorgeous all day long... blue, sunny skies and a light breeze. I was up walking the beach around 7 am... Vassil slept until 9 before I had to drag him out of bed to enjoy the day. We spent the rest of the day catching rays, swimming in the ocean, and collecting shells. While relaxing we saw a pod of dolphins swim through the area (the second time we've seen dolphins since our trip). I did get a very slight burn, but nothing serious... and belly/baby was always protected :)

Walking around the beach, very obviously pregnant, gained me a lot of attention and the constant request to feel the belly or to find out when I'm due. Most people are surprised to hear I have until September... and to be honest, I'm also starting to wonder. I feel like I'm at least 36 weeks, even though I'm supposedly only 28. I can't walk for very long before my belly feels so tight, and I CONSTANTLY have to pee... during the night we're talking like 4 or 5 times. And sometimes I go, and then literally a minute later, I have to go again (sorry if that is TMI)!

Anyway, all the sun we got today has left us very sleepy and relaxed. I think we will go redeem our free drink vouchers tonight in the lounge here in the hotel (don't worry... non-alcoholic for me), and then get an early night's sleep. LOL! What happened to us?! We aren't even officially parents yet and we already act middle-aged. In fact, aside from turning in early, the only thing on my must-do agenda for tonight is to catch Larry King! Wow! So much for one last wild vacation before the responsibilities of parenthood... I guess we're getting old!

Anyway, I think we might visit Savannah tomorrow. Should be fun!

Until then,
~Jennifer~


BabyMoon Part III
Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yesterday we enjoyed a wonderful day in Savannah! Like our visit to Charleston, we were impressed with the beautiful, historic architecture and the picturesque, moss-covered trees and vines. We walked down River Street and caught a bite to eat on an outdoor balcony at a local restaurant. Probably to my doctor's dismay, I've been eating a bit of sea food each day I've been here... but considering I never eat sea food, I think baby will be alright. We also visited St. John the Baptist church, which was also beautiful, along with Colonial Park Cemetery (which Vassil just HAD to see) We wrapped up our trip with some "Banana Fosters" (remind me to get that recipe) at a little, tucked-away cafe.

Today we slept in and are hoping to spend the rest of the day out on the beach.

This vacation has been MORE than a relaxing get-away and we feel very blessed that we had the opportunity to travel, relax, and see some sights before our little one arrives. With that said, both Vassil and I feel a bit ready to be back home.... to see our baby-dog, Bella, and to sleep in our own bed.

At any rate, we've enjoyed a wonderful time and we hope this feeling of relaxation will carry with us throughout all those sleepless nights and cranky weekends, once baby is here... or at least until the baby gets here :)

~Jennifer~