This weekend, Vassil and I decided to purchase the crib/rocker that we wanted from (of all places) K-mart. We knew it was too soon to be buying baby furniture, but since they were having a big sale, we decided to go ahead and make the big-purchase a bit early. While there, we noticed a few other items priced at a HUGE discount... including a changing table (regularly priced at $200) for only $40 and a bassinet priced at $20. We were thrilled! As we went to check out, we were stunned to learn that the changing table was actually only $2 (YES... I SAID TWO) and the bassinet only $1 (YES... I SAID ONE). We were very happy to be saving money, especially on items that we probably won't use all that long, in the grand scheme of things. And as I told Vassil... I don't think even my Grandma Lois (the Garage-Sale Queen) could find a better deal from a garage sale or thrift store find!
Anyway, we were so excited we went ahead and put everything together (I know, I know... it is too early... but we just couldn't wait). The changing table doesn't match the crib...but I plan on painting it a vintage white and distressing it a bit so that it will.
We are so excited! Of course, we still have lots more planning to do... let's hope more great deals come our way!
~Jennifer~











