When I returned to work on Friday (just to grade papers and submit some paperwork), I was welcomed back by a thousand voices shouting "Mrs. Elitzin!" I was excited to see my students again, and the kids were so excited to see me!
One of the days I was in the hospital, the kids had actually planned a surprise baby shower for me... complete with a cake, party games, and even favors (the cutest little tulle bag of jellybeans with a baby pin attached). They saved the gifts behind my desk, and when I popped by the other day, they had me open all of the special goodies. I couldn't believe how much the kids put into this! I would have been more than happy if they had just written a card or a note... but the class went in together on a gift card to Babies-R-Us, along with an adorable outfit (perfect for a boy or girl, which read "Going to Grandmas"). Some of the other kids also bought individual things including, an adorable onsie with a matching bib/booties; a frog bath-towel/hoodie and wash clothes; a precious moments calendar/brush set; infant links/toys; a darling receiving blanket; along with additional gift cards. And although I didn't get to read all 55 handmade cards at school, I did read them all when I came home. And they were definitely my favorite gift of all! And SO funny and sweet!
WOW! This mommy and baby have definitely been "showered" with love and support! I can't believe to what lengths the kids (and their parents) went to for such a special day. I wish I could have taken part in the cake, games, and festivities; however, this was equally special! It will be something I never forget... nor will baby!
~Jennifer~











