Today Vassil and I went to GSK's annual company picnic. Although, "picnic" really isn't quite the word for it. With such an enourmous staff, their "Summer Sizzler," as they call it, is more like a huge carnival. Only this carnival is better, because everything is free. This included a wonderful lunch (Carolina BBQ, coleslaw, chicken, hotdogs, banana pudding, etc.), along with all you can eat popcorn, cotton candy, snowcones, and softdrinks. There were also about a hundred booths set up with games and prizes. Most of the booths were for kids 8 and under... but a few were for the adults. Vassil won me a stuffed dog at the "Ring Toss." There were also a million rides (again, mostly for little kids) and nice entertainment. My favorite part was the bingo tent. I guess being from Kansas, bingo is sort of in my blood (even though no one in my family ever plays). It was so addictive, but we never did win anything. Before we left, I also had fun getting a temporary tatoo plastered to my belly!
Anyway, today was a lot of fun but I'm glad my doctor won't be testing my glucose levels for another couple of weeks, as my sugar intake today was through the roof!
Baby, however, didn't seem to mind... he or she was kicking mommy the entire time! I think that if this baby takes after me, it is certain to have a sweet tooth!
As we were leaving the event, Vassil and I couldn't help but look around at all of the families and little ones. It will be so wonderful to bring our little one to this event next year and in the years to come!
Life is good!
~Jennifer~











