May 30, 2012

First taste of summer...

Before Memorial Day Weekend, we decided to hit the lake. It was one of the last days to get in for free before they start charging. And it was a fun way to kick off our summer vacation!
 We started out at the park. Little missie in her Beach hat--lol! :)
Mr. Man in his cool shades
 My cuties!
 Playground fun!
 Jordan Lake is literally like 8 minutes from our house. We LOVE coming to the "beach lake" as the kids call it, and the kids LOVE swimming at the lake. Something about it is WAY less intimidating than the pool... maybe the gradual entry and the fact that it is pretty shallow even pretty far out... so they can wade way out and feel VERY proud of themselves, even though they aren't that deep.
 Days like today, though, I *do* wish we had a boat. I know they are money suckers... and w/a boat means a vehicle to haul said boat, not to mention a place to store said boat, and all the gas. But gosh it would be fun. We watched all sorts of speed boats zoom by with people on boards and tubes.
But for now, landlocked is okay too...
 Best buddies :) Well, half the time that is.
What a fun day we had!
 I don't know why but I love this pic above.
 My sweet Liam...
 And my sweet Elizabeth...
 Sissy has a knack for finding shells everywhere we go. She found this guy at the lake.
She brought him home, and the next day we realized there was some sort of creature inside... mullosk or something. Daddy went and put him in the creek in our backyard... hopefully he'll make it.
 After daddy got off work, he met us at the lake. He loves to swim more than the kids do, and that's saying a lot!
 They swam their little hearts out.
 lol! Look what daddy drug in!
 My cutie!
 Beautiful day!
 Daddy and the kids! A friend of mine pointed out that E. and Daddy look a lot alike in this pic... gotta agree!
 I didn't take pics of all the friends the kids made at the beach... but they made quite a few. Elizabeth has such a knack for going up and befriending kids her age. I love watching her. When a new girl and her family came over and set up near us, she walked over with her shell, and said something like, "Look what I found" the girl wasn't listening or didn't hear, so she tried it again, in a few minutes. It worked! The girl was intrigued, they started talking... wasn't long before they were running up and down the shore and building castles. I wish I made friends as easily as she does.
 Oh, by the way... I was there too in case you were wondering...
 What a FUN day we had at the lake!
Can't wait for all the other fun summer activities to get under way! Love Summer!