Elizabeth has been full of "jokes" for the past year or so. They are never *actually* funny, except in the world of 4 year olds. And so, like good parents, we pretend to laugh each time. A typical joke goes something like, E: "Knock, Knock." Me: "Who's there" E: "Coo-coo clock... hahahahahaha!" Sometimes, though, her jokes get close to the original she heard some place, but are still a little mixed up, like: "Knock Knock." "Who's there?" "Banana" "Banana who?" "Banana aren't you glad I didn't say orange." Of course, sometimes we don't have to fake a laugh because it genuinely cracks us up how silly and random and backwards her jokes can be.
But today.... Elizabeth ACTUALLY made a joke! A joke that made sense, and made us laugh. We laughed so hard. And so, I thought I'd record it here so I'd remember.
Anyway, as we were driving home from church we were sanitizing our hands, and this was the conversation that followed:
Me: "Did you get sanitizer for your hands?"
E: "Yeah. [pause] Mom, did you know at preschool, Cooper put sanitizer on his nose?"
Me: "He did? On his nose?"
E: "Yeaaaaah!" (laughing) "He's sooooooo silly."
Me: "Well, I guess there are germs on our noses. Maybe he was just trying to sanitize them"
E: "Yeah... I guess he nose that."
[pause]
E: "Get it mom... he nose that."
Vassil and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. It was a joke. It was her first, original joke. Her first, original joke... that made SENSE! We laughed so hard! It cracked me up how she even had to explain it to us, "Get it, mom...." Is it sad that we didn't catch it at first? Something tells me she's going to be able to outsmart us before too long!
I love that girl.
And I nose that!
4 days ago











