Above are some views of our woods. Gotta love living in the woods come fall! These pics don't don't even come close to capturing how simply breathtaking it is to be completely surrounded by vibrant fall colors.
Anyway, one fall day, we decided to go to the park one afternoon. The weather was really pretty nice--not too hot or cold. we did keep a hat on Liam, though, since his buzz cut doesn't do much to keep him warm.
They had a lot of fun walking the trail.
And walking the plank! ;) Or bench I guess.
My cuties!
Does it get any cuter? I love this pic above!
Liam walked slowly with mommy...
...while daddy took Elizabeth for a ride on her bike.
She did a lot of riding, and a lot of running... it's hard to get a picture of her! Always in motion!
Mama and Liam... I love all the colors of the leaves! So beautiful!
Enjoying the park!
Back at home it was time to start raking the leaves--this was clearly another warm day as you can tell by the way the kiddos are dressed--lol.
Elizabeth loves the leaves. Even before we raked them, she would go out in the yard and start picking them up one by one. Putting them in buckets or bags. It always made me laugh... she really thought she could get them all picking them up one by one. Of course, my determined girl probably could have!
Speaking of picking things up one by one, Elizabeth also loves picking up acorns from the big tree outside of dance class. One day, while I was w/Liam at music class, and daddy was waiting w/Elizabeth outside her dance class, she collected at least a hundred acorns and put them in her dance bag. Now, I'm used to find a "few" acorns in her dance bag. It always makes me smile. But I laughed SO hard when I came in to pick her up after class, went to grab her bag... and found it completely full. Lol! So funny!
My onery girl!
Daddy raking.
Living in the woods has advantages... and disadvantages, let me tell you! One day I was honestly trying to estimate how many leaves I thought fell in just my own backyard... it's surely must be in the millions.
Elizabeth is very good at running in the piles... which I only let her do when we've freshly raked. I've heard too many stories about copperheads hiding under piles if they've been left for awhile.
Liam loved the leaves, too! As you can see, we had to buzz his hair again. The bald spot is growing back in, but so is all his other hair. So to make it more even, it was time for another cut. I'm hoping this will be the last one. I miss his beautiful hair!
Anyway, we have really been enjoying fall.
We've had such an Indian Summer, and we are loving every second of it!
We hope you are as well!
More pics to come...











