December 17, 2008

The 5K

Our Baby Boot Camp class decided to participate in a 5K race. It took a lot of convincing before I agreed to give it a-go, but I'm glad I did.

Fellow prego mama and pal, Amy, agreed to walk/jog with me. And finishing the race at 46 minutes, I guess you can figure which we did more of. Although, we were quite proud that we weren't the last people to finish... even though we did come awfully close. We were also both surprised when as we neared the finish line, the announcer called over the microphone our names and numbers and hollered, "you can do it!" while 200+ other people who had already finished stood by waiting and cheering us on. It was a tad embarrassing, yet fun at the same time. Taking 1st place in the entire race was a girl from our class, Lisa (the one giving the thumbs up)!

Needless to say, Amy and I didn't win any medals... but we both felt that IF there had been a "best time" category for pregnant mamas... we would have tied for first place! I can see how people would get addicted to these things... kinda fun! Maybe next time I won't be so reluctant!