October 27, 2011

Fun with Friends

When we got back from Kansas, we enjoyed several days w/some of our buddies. The first was a trip to the zoo.
 Normally, I don't attempt a trip to the zoo w/out daddy around. It's just hard (especially with two) to do something this far away, and this "big" without a little extra help. But the kids are getting bigger, and things are getting easier... so we decided we'd try.
 Our buddies the Perkins and the Zsuppans were also planning to go, so it worked out that we all went together. When we got there, we stumbled into some other buddies of ours as well--apparently on a beautiful, fall day we were all thinking the same thing!
 First up on our Zoo trip... the Elephants! I love little Brody bending down to see.
 Then it was time to see the monkeys. Here are our "Monkey Faces."
 After lunch we decided to try the carousel.
Surprisingly, the KIDS all wanted to sit on the little "nest" instead of each picking out an animal. As soon as it started to spin, though, Liam got scared so I had to hold him.
 We decided since the kids were doing pretty well, we'd keep walking to the other side of the zoo, North America. This was an uphill trek, and in a double stroller that is MORE than worn out, it was NOT easy. But we made it.
 Checking out the Bee Hive.
 Our Busy Bees.
 They loved peeking out the window :)
 There's my big boy! :) Seriously, when did he get so big?!
 All the kids decided about half way that they wanted to switch strollers. Elizabeth rode in Ms. Amy's stroller w/Anna, while Caroline got into ours w/Liam. I think this was probably the kids FAVORITE part of the whole day! It was funny because the next day Caroline told me how much she liked my stroller--lol! :)
 We somehow made it all the way over to the playground. Exhausted from pushing the strollers uphill, we let the kids play for a long time. They had a BLAST!
Last but not least, we went to check out the seals. They laughed and giggled and screamed every time a seal would swim by. It was adorable! 

After that we rode the tram back to the Africa side and headed back to our cars. The kids were doing SO well, we decided to make a stop at one of my favorite craft stores (Hobby Lobby) that we don't have back home. Not only did the kids do great through the zoo trip, but they sat calmly in the shopping cart while I looked around Hobby Lobby for another hour or so! Awesome! Granted, I did come w/a stock of lollipops--lol! Anyway, I love that life is getting easier! Yay for zoo trips! :)

The next outing with our friends was a "Princess & Pirates" boat tour. I heard about this when I was still in Kansas, and because the tickets were pretty inexpensive, I decided we would do it. I figured the kids would love it, and frankly, I've been dying to get out on the lake since we moved out here... so I was pretty stoked too.
 But alas, the rough seas of Jordan lake proved too rough for our Maties. And the tour was canceled.
 The pictures do not do justice to just how windy it was. It was bad. Still, we were bummed.
 To make us feel better, we got to dig for buried treasure!
 And... "Slide" The Plank.
 To be honest, the kids didn't seem phased one bit by not getting to ride the boat. They were stoked to get to play at the playground!
 Arrrg!!! Here's our Motley Crew!
 The fair Princess Savannah, and her Pirate Liam.
 Captain Elizabeth and First Mate Owen
 We decided to let the kids play in the sand for a bit... searching for more treasure!
All in all, it was another fun "outting" even if it didn't go totally according to plan. 

Hopefully we can plan lots more fun adventures this fall and winter... we'll just have to find some "indoor" things to do. Until then...